Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Ike's World Challenge #57


Today I would like to show you my make for Ike's World Challenges!

The current Challenge (#57) is "GOING IN CIRCLES"...and this is my midway post...



This card celebrates the end of the Chinese New Year celebrations for this year -
 the year of the Monkey.

Yesterday (22nd Feb 2016) was the Lantern Festival - a Chinese festival celebrated on the fifteenth day of the first month in the lunisolar year in the lunar calendar marking the last day of the lunar New Year celebration. This is also the ancient Chinese "Valentine's Day".


 


My card is a circular telescopic card.




The image I have used is Ike's Dragon Kite, adding colour with Promarkers.
Find Ike's images here

I started by making my three circular discs using a variety of plain and decorated circular dies (these from Nellie's multi frames MFD049)  - the largest is a red circle, a scalloped circle of DP and the image.
The two smaller discs consist of scalloped circles of red and DP, gold perforated discs and  plain circles of DP. 
The DP from my stash is basically red and gold (and probably Japanese rather than Chinese!!)


These are then layered up as so...



I placed brads to hold each pair together:


The card will now open telescopically... 



I really enjoyed making this one!!



I hope you will join in the Challenge over at Ike's World
 - look for the freebie images on the blog!!

Happy Crafting!








5 comments:

  1. Morning Susan, I love this card. I've not seen one like this before. It looks great fun to make and very impressive with the beautiful papers. Thanks for sharing your clear instructions. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful - such great colours and a real vibrancy to it :-D Thank you for making this for my Challenge I am so pleased to have you and your skills on my Team :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, love the theme and the colour scheme. Love the circle dies.

    Hugs Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a new design I hadn't seen before.
    Works great.
    thanks for sharing a fun card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.