Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Midway Post for IkesWorld Challenges #41


Today I would like to show you my make for Ike's World Challenges!

The current Challenge (#41) is Fantasy...and this is my midway post...


 I am using a new image from Ike - Scairy Fairy

This is another fat page in my Fantasy/Scary Fairy Book - but this time the overwhelming colour is orange - those of you that know me know that this is a favourite!



I started by adding some beige paper to my 6 by 6 chipboard and covered this with a floral orange acetate.




I decided I quite liked the effect of another strip of the acetate along one side.



Next I added a couple of elements to the background...


To make these elements I started by using the faux detail letterpress technique.

I inked two wafer thin dies with an orange alcohol ink and ran this through my BigShot with a shim on water colour paper - love this butterfly one!



I then overstamped with flower stamps and Versafine


I then used nesting dies to cut them to shape and added extra colour with Distress Ink.
Next the image - coloured with Promarkers, cut to a scalloped square and distressed around the edges. I added a layer of feathers before adding the image.


Finally I added two embellishments from my stash...gems and sequins in a floral shape.


I will link this make to
The Butterfly Challenge G for Gems - hope you can see the butterflies!

I hope you will join in the Challenge over at Ike's World

Happy Crafting!





6 comments:

  1. Fantastic - I love the colour :-D Such a brilliant backing for her too - an definite inspiration :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a scary fairy she is lol, I am loving the orange it's fantastic. Thank you for joining us at glitter n sparkle anything goes challenge. Sam (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the butterflies!! That's really rather a clever idea. Those gems are awesome and I love the rich amber colour of them. Thankyou for fluttering by my # 34. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card, a very scary fariy for me, but beautiful work . thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely layout, and the distressing sets it off beautifully. Thank you for joining us this week at Glitter ''N' Sparkle. Good luck and all the best.
    Sammi (AngelicBadGirl)
    DT-Owner Glitter'N'Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What a fairy!! Love the card though and great use of the acetate overlay.
    Thank you for joining us for the challenge over on the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
    xxSAMxx TCP Design Team.
    ❤My Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place Challenge Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place on Facebook❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.