Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Thursday 13 November 2014

Smeared and Smudged November Member Blog Hop 2014


Here is the blog hop:

Black Dragon
Evil Edna
Jessica
Karen
LeslieRahye
Nanette
Kim
Sarah N
Keren
Susan - you are here!!
Sarah S

I really enjoyed 31DOH so I couldn't wait to be here again on the November Member Blog Hop!!

You should have arrived at me from Keren and last stop is Sarah
 but if you have happened on me by chance do start from the beginning at Black Dragon!!

SO...we are ALMOST organised in our new home - my craft room is sort of sorted - 
I just wish I knew where I have put everything!!

But I did find my BIG SHOT so you will notice I have used that on today's projects!
Just two fairly simple cards...

I started with the Smeared Ink image 'Emerging' courtesy of 31DOH and cut this out
with a nesting die.
I added colour to this by overlaying another die-cut shape from a transparent sheet with red swirls.
I adhered these to a square of DT from my scraps (distressed around the edges)
 using some bronze brads.


I added this to a square card blank with 3 gargoyle corners from Delicious Darkness
coloured with Promarkers.

I then added the bird - a Sizzix die cut.
Finally some black gems and a googly eye...



I reallised I had two excellent 'negative' die cuts from my bird...not a good photo!!


By taking a black card base, I added a coloured transparency over a scrap of green card, using brads,
I then layered the following using a scrap of handmade orange card from India and the birds...
plus a googly eye...


This fits this colour palette



Happy hopping!


9 comments:

  1. Love those swirls of color over that fab image! You made so much happen on that page I am in awe! Love the use of the negatives, too! Awesome project! Glad you are getting settled in and I have lived in the same house for 23 years and can't find where I put something from yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am glad you are settling in :-)
    Your cards are brilliant and such a clever idea to use the negative cuts :-) FABulous. :-D Thank you very much for coming over to play with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-)

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards! Love the way you have used the negative diecuts to make another great project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet you're thrilled to have all your supplies back, eh? Not that it hampered you in any way during the 31 Days. Fabulous cards. Love the printed transparencies and it brilliant how you used the negative die cuts. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab projects! I love the raven card the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan! These are awesome cards! Love the skulls Emerging, such a creepy awesome image. LOVE how you used the dies and wasted not a single piece! So creative. Sound like you are having a ton of fun in your new space! What fun to rediscover your stash! Great to see you again on this Hop!!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards and great to use pieces from the first to make the second! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful being in a new house, but so hard to remember all the new places for everything. I can still picture in my head the exact location of everything in my OLD scraproom, but you think I can find anything now? Nope! Love your cards and your ingenious way of using the negative shapes! Very creative cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.