Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Saturday 11 January 2014

Friday Fun


Living overseas, one of my joys is receiving mail!

My Mum chose this card 'Family Gathering' by Mary Kilvert
(Woodmansferne Publications)
 to send to us - as she knew our family would all be together at Christmas!
It was a bit like this picture!! We had a lovely time!

I appreciate everything that comes to our letterbox but in particular I like the handmade items!

 This shows a selection of the handmade cards we received.

I was very taken with the one made by my niece and her little boy:


I have seen quite a few 'finger-printed' cards around recently - so I thought I would have a go!
This is my version...


This was a tiny textured card base - the red circles were also textured paper. I used cream cardstock to print with red and brown inks.
 I used black and brown Promarkers to add the features.
I think I prefer my niece and great-nephew's robins!!

Anyway, a bit of fun!
I then decided to have some more fun -
 using the Brushless Watercolour Technique as advocated by Tim Holtz.


I made this tag according to Tim Holtz 101.

Then I decided to try it with two different stamps...



I was quite pleased with the results especially the poinsettia! 

These then became the following Christmas cards - I mean to have a whole stack made come November!


Both these cards could be submitted to CHNC's Challenge 158 as in each case I have upcycled something...


This beautiful double bow came on one of the Christmas cards to us - I pinched it!
I am going to submit this to CHNC Challenge 158
CHNC extra January Challenge
and
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - ribbon or lace


 Some friends came round bearing cake - the box was tied with this twine - the same colours as Distress Ink  watercolours!! The sentiment was cut from an old Christmas card.

I am submitting this to 

Merry Monday Challenge - ribbon/twine

Happy Crafting!




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all your lovely crafting for both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous creations. Thanks for joining us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Ribbon/Lace challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection of cards. I like the finger painted card too. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creations are awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRAFTYHAZELNUT CHRISTMAS EXTRA challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.