Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Sunday 24 November 2013

Holly


Last Christmas I made a lot of triple stamped cards - this holly one was one of my favourites, using a rubber stamp.
This year I found a lovely holly digi at Digi Darla Designs


These two images I coloured with Promarkers and then mounted them on red card.
But then what to do with them?

This is Seize the Sketch #8


Using this sketch I made the following:



I have some lovely Christmas red card in my stash - so I used this to fold a card base and cut one horizontal strip. I matted the starry card, also in my stash, on to the base and layered up as you see. The holly paper is from Papermania's 12 days of Christmas.
 I added red Candy Bonbon to the holly berries and a tag for the sentiment.
The stamp on this is a Stampin Up one.

I am submitting this to Seize the Sketch #8

The second sketch I am going to use is this one from Sketch~N~Scrap


Using similar elements, I made a Christmas red card base and layered it up as follows:


I am submitting this to Sketch~N~Scrap Card #13

Happy Crafting!


16 comments:

  1. These are both so lovely! I LOVE the red! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Susan, I'm so glad you played along with this sketch as well. I do love the image you have used, so traditional and simple. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are awesome and so pretty! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great holiday colors Susan. Love this card. So glad you played along with us again at Sketch N Scrap.
    xx Ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful..love the pop of green!

    Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a lot of beautiful holly girl :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card and beautiful colors. Thank you for joining us at Sketch~n~Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and love the red and the banner! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful card. Love the layers and banner.Great take. WTG!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at
    Sketch- N-Scrap!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Susan! I love how you used the traditional colors of red, white and green - I always find those colors tricky to work with, but you did a great job here. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty cards! Love the holly! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! I just found your blog! Scrapping Everyday Miracles is having a Christmas theme challenge! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-theme-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.