Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Monday 13 May 2013

Three Strikes!

Every Thursday morning, my friends and I go tenpin bowling...

3 strikes mean a TURKEY

 and the Turkey dance!!



So when I saw the Catch the Bug Challenge (3 Strikes and you're Out!)

this is what I made and I was in the TOP THREE!!!:


The main image is from Bugaboo 'akvgirlcelebrate' 
which was a Friday freebie last week, coloured with Promarkers.

 The other images were stamped using 'Kitchen Sink' stamps and 'Versafine'.
Pretty papers from my scrap bags and the twine from the Naif Street Souq in Dubai...

I am hoping that all three cards that I am making today will be 'strikes'!!

My second one is a Tim Holtz tribute:


I started with a purple card blank and matted it with blue card, torn around the edges and distressed with 'stormy sky'. I used this with 'fired brick' to make a wrinkle-free background with a water stamped medallian. This was cut using my topnote die and matted on a contrasting paper. Finally I added  'Umbrella Man' in black and a rosette in the same contrasting paper as before...

This was to satisfy the Cards Galore Challenge - a Tim Holtz Homage


Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic take on our theme this week!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fantastic makes and congratulations for being "blog of the week" some wonderful creations here on your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great, but the first is my favourite - it's such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation on winning Blog of the week over in All things crafty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Susan! Thanks for playing along in our Three Strikes challenge...you made such a fun card with the fun image and great dotted papers. Good luck in the challenge and please do join us again.
    Lori
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, too funny... Love the card. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and I love the story (and the turkey dance photo) that goes along with your creation!
    Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week at The Bug Blog with Bugaboo Stamps.
    We hope you'll join us again tomorrow for our new challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card thanks for joining us at Cards Galore and good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.